Our Continued Responsibility with COVID
At Pulido Dental Care, we have always strived to make a calm and stress free dental experience possible in addition to providing excellent dental care. We understand that in the last few months, our community has been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic and everyone considers their health and safety to be their priority. Therefore, we want to inform you of our continued commitment to the well being, health and safety of our community, patients and staff.
Under guidance from the American Dental Association (ADA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), we continue to follow and implement the latest infection control measures. Thus, we have taken the following steps:
- We are limiting the reception room to one person at a time. Before entering the office, every patient will call to notify us of their arrival.
- Once the treatment room is available, the patient will be called on their cell phone to enter the office.
- As required by the CDC, masks must be worn until a patient is instructed to remove it to start dental treatment.
- We are also limiting the amount of people at one time in our office by restricting companions to only those who are essential for the patient's care, such as one parent or someone who needs to assist the patient for mobility and cognitive support.
- If a companion is allowed, they will also be screened for COVID-19 and will be required to wear a mask at all times. No companion will be allowed in the dental treatment room.
- Family, friends or transportation escorts are asked to wait outside the office.
- Every patient will be pre-screened 24 hours prior to a visit when confirming their appointment.
- When the patient calls to inform the office of their arrival in the parking lot, the patient will be asked over the phone if there has been any changes to the screening questions. Those with new onset of COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to reschedule until after they have had a negative COVID-19 test.
- We will be taking the patient's temperature upon entry to our office. Those with elevated temperatures will be asked to return to the car and will make arrangements over the phone to reschedule their appointment.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for patients prior to reviewing and signing the Covid-19 consent and screening forms.
- Before treating patients, Pulido Dental Care is screening every staff member and monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19. Pulido Dental Care team members who show any signs of COVID-19 must stay home until they have been cleared by their physician and have acquired a negative COVID-19 test result.
- We are scheduling longer appointments per patient to ensure adequate time for infection control and to limit the amount of patients in the office at the same time.
- We will be scheduling several treatments in one visit to limit the times a patient is required to come into the office.
- We will be confirming appointments 24 hours in advance. If a patient is unable to confirm, the next patient in the waiting list will be given the appointment time.
- A $25 fee will be charged to a patient's account, if a patient fails to cancel within 24-hours of their scheduled appointment or if they fail to show to their confirmed appointment.
Infection Control and Safety Standards
- All staff is trained on proper use of FDA approved personal protective equipment for Covid-19.
- We continue to enforce the importance of hand hygiene, facemasks, and respiratory hygiene.
- Between each patient, surface cleaning and sterilization protocols will continue to be completed for the safety of our patients and staff.
- Before the start of treatment, we are providing a peroxide based mouth rinse to every patient.
As our community continues to recover from the COVID19 pandemic, we will also continue our commitment to provide the best dental experience to all our smiling patients.
Please take care and stay safe,
Your dental team at Pulido Dental Care